Sunday, May 6, 2007

La Costa II, 621 Colton Avenue, Redlands, CA 92374 (909) 792-1337

A family favorite, I eat their weekly. When it burnt, we shifted to the San Bernardino location at 464 South Mt. Vernon (off Mill) , and they're very different restaurants. We also go to the one in Mentone. Today, I ordered the lunch special chile verde burrito. It was huge. The burrito was about seven inches long, a very large flour tortilla, with chunks of fork=tender pork, served semi-wet (there was no sour cream) with tomatillo sauce and cheese, with about half a cup of refried beans inside the burrito. It came with about 1/2 a cup of green salad with ranch dressing. It was very good, even if I prefer beef to pork burritos. It was an extremely good value at $6.95. I had it with a large (32 ounce) water with a lemon. I always enjoy the little things at La Costa, from the King Puff mints with the check, to the orange slice. Very Redlands. Always full.

No comments: